BUNN is one of the oldest and biggest coffee maker brands in America. The company has gained millions of customers over the years for making such good coffee machines that have been working so flawlessly over the years, brewing delicious coffee. All BUNN coffee makers use a brewing system totally different from the other coffee makers. This system brews the coffee at the ideal brewing temperature and uses a specially designed spray head to create water turbulence for extracting the flavor from the ground coffee. Today, we are going to review the BUNN BXB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, another masterpiece by BUNN.
Features of BUNN BX Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer:
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 8.8 x 14.6 inches.
- Item weight: 8 pounds.
- Glass carafe.
- Glass carafe lid.
- Warmer plate
- Newly designed pour-O-Matic dip glass decanter.
- Stainless steel hot water tank.
- Warmer switch.
- Vacation switch.
- Brew capacity is 4 to 10 five Oz cups per batch.
- The spray head design is so unique that water travels very easily through it and creates turbulence needed to wet the ground coffee. It extracts the perfect aroma from the freshly ground coffee.
- 3 to 4 minutes of brewing is enough for making rich, smooth, tasty coffee.
- Stainless steel hot water tank keeps the water heated at 200 degrees Fahrenheit, the optimal brewing temperature.
- With the integrated warmer plates, the brewed coffee stays hot for a longer time.
- Very easy to use. No prior experience with coffee makers is required.
- The glass carafe with the porcelain coated warmer plate comes with on/ off switch.
- The thermostat helps to keep the hot water at the perfect brewing temperature.
- The product is built to maintain the North American Electrical Standards.
- This product is covered by 3 years of limited warranty.
- The customer review is 4.2 stars out of 5.
- All BUNN coffee makers are designed to be “always on”, that consumes extra energy.
- This coffee machine requires regular internal cleaning.
- Some users are complaining about a smell of burnt plastic coming from this coffee maker. This usually goes away after some days.
- There is a setup process of about 15 minutes before brewing.
- The carafe is not good for pouring coffee as it leaks.
- Cleaning this coffee maker is much more time consuming than cleaning a normal standard coffee pot.
- Stays hot even hours after brewing.
Washing the brew funnel and glass carafe after each use is necessary. Occasional wiping off the outside of the brewer with mild, no- citrus dish soap will keep the coffee maker clean on the outside. Deliming the brewer clears any deposits that have accumulated due to the water impurities. For safety reasons, unplugging the coffee maker is necessary before deliming. Deep cleaning is necessary at regular intervals of at least three months.
Taking everything into consideration, this coffee brewer won’t be a bad deal. Overall, the BUNN BXB coffee brewer is ideal for drip coffee brewing, being very easy to operate.