Recently, the coffee making appliance giant BUNN added a new member to its coffee-brewing community, the brand new BUNN speed brew home coffee brewer. Although the speed view coffee brewer is quite close to its predecessor, the BUNN Velocity Brew coffee maker, BUNN has added some new features in this new model, as the basic principle of coffee brewing, that BUNN uses in all of its coffee brewer remains the same. In this review we are going to find all about this coffee brewer.
Features of BUNN Speed Brew:
1. Product dimensions: 14.5 x 7.5 x 14.5 inches
2. Item weight: 8.3 pounds
3. Swiveled carafe lid.
4. Brew funnel.
5. Lime tolerant Spray head.
6. An internal hot water tank: made with stainless steel.
7. Warmer plate.
8. Warmer switch
9. Tank switch
10. Uniquely designed drip free Pour-O-Matic carafe.
11. Pour in bowl.
12. Deliming tool.
1. This model comes with the brew capacity of 4 to 10 Oz cups per batch.
2. Brews full pot of coffee in about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. This coffee maker features BUNN’s unique spray head technology to extract all the flavors from ground coffee. In this particular model, this spray head is made lime tolerant, to discourage mineral build up.
4. The Pour-O-Matic drip free glass carafe is designed to eliminate spillage downside the carafe and warming plate.
5. The internal hot water tank keeps the water hot at the optimal brewing temperature of 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. The warmer plate and the thermostat help the hot water tank to remain at the optimal temperature.
7. This model comes with a brew funnel where the coffee ground meets with the hot water from the spray head.
8. The warmer switch is designed to turn off the warmer plate when not needed.
9. The tank switch turns off the warming system of the internal hot water tank.
10. Easy to use and easy to clean.
11. Product built to maintain the North American Electrical standards.
1. Smells like burnt plastic for several days.
2. Some came up with complaints regarding the heating system and the thermostat.
3. The coffee maker stays heated all the time. Even for several hours after brewing a pot.
4. No free replacement warranty is given by BUNN for this coffee maker.
Washing the brew funnel and the glass carafe is necessary after each use. Use mild, non-abrasive dish soap and a damp cloth for washing and wiping purpose. Clean the spray head tube to remove mineral deposits once in three months. Use the metal defining tool for cleaning the spray head with tooth pick, dish soap and soft cloth. Deep clean the brewer at least every three months; frequency of cleaning depends on the water content. For safety reason, always unplug the coffee maker before cleaning.
With this coffee maker, BUNN has tried to lose the industrial look and designed a more home kitchen friendly coffee brewer. If you are looking for a coffee maker that is durable and makes good coffee, you can go for this one.